Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: My rant for today ;)

  1. #11
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Twizzle:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Juliet10:
    There's only one person I can think of that takes recording devices into concerts.

    Michelle

    xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooh! And who might that be? *is intrigued* [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol

    As for these listening parties, they're deffo NOT my cup of tea. There's a very good chance that there'll be too many squealers in attendance for my liking. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wants to know too [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I just wish they'd get on and release the album [img]confused.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twizzle:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Juliet10:
    There's only one person I can think of that takes recording devices into concerts.

    Michelle

    xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooh! And who might that be? *is intrigued* [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol

    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wants to know too [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Janie xx
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*g* I know I know!

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    As for the listening parties...

    I am always baffled by why every action Darren, or whomever working with him, has to be torn apart and analyzed. It's a listening party. It is a lovely thing. It is not much more than those two things put together. Some can go, some can't. That is always the way it will be. And security doesn't surprise me because they would be present at anything similar to that, done by most artists. I attended a local party some time ago, for a local Edmonton artists, and there was security there. What for? Who knows. But they were there. Just par for the course.

    It's just a cool thing, these parties, and I just don't get the critisizing of them. *shrugs*

  4. #14
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Originally posted by Laurina:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by DarrensPassion:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Twizzle:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Juliet10:
    There's only one person I can think of that takes recording devices into concerts.

    Michelle

    xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oooh! And who might that be? *is intrigued* [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol

    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wants to know too [img]wink.gif[/img]

    Janie xx
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*g* I know I know!
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">EEK! Tell us......pweese!!! *bats eyelashes* *g*

  5. #15
    DarrensPassion
    Guest DarrensPassion's Avatar

    Post

    [img]graemlins/boy_hug.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl_hug.gif[/img] Laurie [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I think the thing is that these listening parties are a new direction and a new concept for most of the fans so I suppose it's only natural that they question some aspects of the organisation of it. It's a very nice gesture on Darren's part to let us have the opportunity of listening to his new music before his album gets released officially to the public. I think the security thing is entirely to be expected.

    I agree that it is a shame that every new thing gets criticised and analysed quite so much. There's such an air of apprehension around atm and I am sure this is giving rise to so much questioning and speculation. I think/hope things will improve once the CD is actually released [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Janie xx

  6. #16
    Inactive Member sunhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 19th, 2002
    Posts
    780
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Man, i never thought the idea of a listening party would become so contreversial, eh? LOL

    I think the seperation issue of streetteam members and non-street team members makes things weird. I can't recall now, are they running at the same time or is the non-ST one a day later or what? And i'm surprised that no fanclub members have complained that they don't get a special listening party, though that's good to hear they didn't LOL

    The searching stuff doesn't bother me too much because it's not really any different than most concerts i've been to that do the same thing and since there is that added incentive to record music from the party, makes sense.

    Security is always good at events with a lot of people because people as a group can become irrational so quickly or randomly, good to make sure they could control the situation if needed. Not that i think Darren fans are prone to being a mob more than anyone else, it's just the way that any large group of people can become (i even read about it in Communication Studies last year [img]wink.gif[/img] )

    It still boggles my mind to see anyone aghast over listening parties or radio getting info before fans or anything else that every other band does when they have an album. What musical rock are people living under exactly? LOL This doesn't refer to you Barb btw, cos i understand how the whole debate can run you down *huggles*

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Juliet10's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2002
    Posts
    2,042
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *sends off pm's about who it is*

    Michelle

    xx

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Laurina's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Juliet10:
    *sends off pm's about who it is*

    Michelle

    xx
    <font size="3" face="Tempus sans ITC, Papyrus,Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">*wants to know if she is right* PM me!

  9. #19
    Twizzle
    Guest Twizzle's Avatar

    Post

    Laydees & Gennlemen...we have a split decision! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    In the red corner we have Mr Ribbet and in the blue corner we have Ms Polecat! Will the real miscreant please stand up! [img]wink.gif[/img]

    *is pmsl here*

  10. #20
    Dryzabone
    Guest Dryzabone's Avatar

    Post

    Well the one thing I realise after reading all the replies is I truly am a country hick.....I am not used to the presence of Security ppl other than at concerts and to be honest I've never heard of listening parties before.

    Crawls back to my own corner and hopefully by the time I emerge said album will be out, lol!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •